Wednesday, November 29, 2017

NaNoWriMo 2017


And here we are, at the end of NaNoWriMo 2017.

This year, as I stated before, I did something different. I wrote a biography of sorts using the stream-of-consciousness technique.

Most of what was written will go directly to the garbage. However, there's a considerable chunk that turned out to be very interesting. I believe it has the potential to become a story in itself. I am not sure whether it'll be a novel or something shorter, but I like the main character a lot (and no, it's not me).

The tentative title of my work was The Darkest Corners. I think I did justice to that title, fortunately or unfortunately, I am not sure.

I still have to work on a cover. I'm hopeless, I know. My design skills are very basic, I'm afraid.

On a positive note, my word count is 52,182 at the moment with two more days to go. I will keep adding words till November 30. I want to complete the plan I drafted at the beginning of this race. The plan had 30 stops, and that's when I will stop, when the 30 stops are done.

I aimed for 1700 words per day, but I did manage an average of 1,799 words. I think this is very positive, considering I had to stop for a few days.
 

Despite the fact that I didn't write fiction, which is my comfort zone, I enjoyed remembering parts of my life and creating new pieces of this puzzle I have been trying to put together.

And I will do it my way.

Last but not least, thank you for your support. You know who you are. Without your gentle pushing for timed writing, your unconditional support through very difficult struggles, and your grounded comforting presence, I would have never completed this task.


 
 "In my end is my beginning."
T.S.Eliot

No comments:

Post a Comment